To bring together professionals in pharmacology, spread historical and current knowledge of the discipline, collaborate with governmental and non-governmental institutions, offer assistance and support to the medical community, promote and develop research for the benefit of scientific knowledge and rational use of medications with national and international projection.
To lead the way nationally in the spreading of scientific knowledge of the discipline through health faculties and promote the specialisation of professionals who are not pharmacologists but work in the teaching of pharmacology.
- Promote the strengthening of pre- and post-graduate programmes in the field of pharmacology.
- Direct the teaching of pharmacology through seminars, congresses and specialised courses for medical professionals and pharmacologists highlighting the ethical aspects.
- Support medical staff through itinerant courses to carry out rational use of medication.
- Regularly gather together pharmacologists to facilitate the completion of the mission.
- Encourage research, promoting competitions that honour the memory of historical achievements in pharmacology.